Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Clean and Jerk

Skill
Heavy Clean and Jerk
53x3
73x3
93x2
103x1
113x1
123x1 (PR)
128 fail

Apparently I am still (can you believe that I haven't corrected this yet?!?) letting my hips shoot up too quickly. Do note that I am letting them do this, not actively choosing to do it, thus I take little personal responsibility for this problem. I do actually really want to fix this, just like I really want to fix all the other little problems in my clean. I really want to see this number jump up a lot.

But the jerk...I can't even tell you how different it is from one month ago. One month ago I was able to jerk this weight, but it was hard, it was shaky, and I did not look forward to it...fast-forward to today and it was easy, it was solid, and I was super ready for it.

WOD
15-12-9-6-3
Hang Power Cleans 83#
Burpees
Time: 9:30 Rx'd

Yeah for couplets!
This one wasn't easy for me, and I was irritated with it, really irritated by the 3rd round. I was annoyed that the cleans were hard for me. I was annoyed that I was getting so fatigued. I was annoyed that I was slow.

Then when I was all done, I remembered a couple of things:
1. I had just done a wod rx'd.
2. My conditioning is improving, and it is a lot better than it was even a few months ago. I still have a long way to go, but it is getting harder and harder to even remember how slow I was less than a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment