Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend Cooking Bliss

Cooking wonderful food makes me happy, very happy. So this weekend I crammed in a bunch of things, almost all paleo:

Chicken Curry
Cucumber Salad
I made so, so much of both of these! I made dinner for 3 different families, and I have more for myself to eat this week.

Wilted Spinach Salad
How can you lose when you use the bacon drippings in the dressing!?! It has been so long since I have made this salad, but I won't wait so long next time.

Mango Salsa and Grilled Chicken
Suffice it to say, I love living near huge produce markets that have so many options. I went in for strawberries, but when I walked past the mangoes, they just called out to me and I had to think of something to make with them.

Fresh Fava Bean Ragout
When your sister goes out of town and leaves you her CSA box, you never know what you are going to get to cook. I had 2 weeks worth of fava beans, and I had to come up with something. It was an exercise in slow food to shell them AND peel every bean, but it was worth it!

And to round it all out, a gluten-free, non-paleo
Chocolate Cake

3 comments:

  1. you forgot to mention that it was your two sisters who shelled all of the fava beans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but you didn't stick around to PEEL them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I can't believe I have missed our young favas. Darn!
    I am glad you got to enjoy them, though.
    I'll be home to get my next box. Phew!

    ReplyDelete