Thursday, May 13, 2010

Travel Prep?

Skill
Jerk 8x1
113x8x1

I was supposed to "go as heavy as you can go, maybe 90%" and I almost wimped out and stuck with 103 since that felt heavy enough during my warm up. I was glad I pulled it together and went with the 113.

WOD
5 rounds
Suitcase lunge 20# DBs
(from the pull up bar to the door)
Resisted Run
(from the door to the other side of the parking lot)

I was k.i.l.l.i.n.g this wod. Whoo! Then Kyle made me complete another round, and he held the band. So then it felt like I couldn't even move. I wasn't even sure I would make it to the end of the run. And then I hear that while I was dying, as in really struggling with every step, Kyle was behind me beaming, just so happy with the hardship he was inflicting on his sweet, dear, wonderful trainee.

And then on the way home, it suddenly dawned on me that I probably should have used the 25# DBs anyway...oops.

And I guess this type of wod will help to prepare me for the next time I get dropped off at the wrong terminal at SFO and have to run to make my flight. I'll be better prepared to carry my bags and the rolling bag behind me won't be nearly as much resistance as a guy with his heels in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment