Friday, May 14, 2010

A Great Friday Class

First thing to note-
Yesterday's wod left me quite sore, so it was hard to be too excited about going to class today, knowing that I'd have to squat. But since I am a little obsessed, I did it. I also needed to go to class since Sam was teaching.

Skill
Overhead Squat
the goal was 15 at body weight

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

My accomplishment-
10 at 58#, not even half my BW
I should have been able to get at least a few more, but I lost my mental focus. All of the sudden I realized that my arms were going numb and I figured that I better try to move faster. So then I messed up my breathing and dropped my shoulders.

WOD Rx'd
3 rounds
3 cycles of
1 power clean 85% 1RM 108#
2 front squats
1 jerk
200 m row

Time: 10:55
This time includes the jerk, and therefore clean, that I had to make up at the end since my last jerk wasn't really locked out.
This time also includes numerous extra meters on the rower that I had to row in order to correct my technique to Sam's satisfaction.

Finisher
2 rounds of 90 secs of wall balls

Since we only had 3 people in class, poor Matt and Kevin got stuck with me. I apologized before and after the wod for the unfortunate situation, but they were very good sports. I don't do rx'd wall balls, ever. I am in the very special wall ball class, the one that can't get the ball to the target, can't catch the ball, and looks especially special while attempting them.

Because of this, the whole team had to use the 8# ball so I could get it to the target. And I still missed the wall several times, and I didn't catch the ball several times, thus we had 8 burpee penalties the 1st round and 2 the 2nd round. I was afraid that every single penalty would be my fault, but I think that maybe 2 were NOT related in some fashion to my poor skills in throwing, catching, or getting out of the way.

1 comment: