Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fun Times at the Gym

Skill
Heaving Snatch Balance
So I almost matched my coach's last warm up! Right!!
53x5
63x5
73x5
83 failed once and then ran out of time
I was trying to work on speed...I am just a generally speedy person, so this comes easily for me.

Snatch
53x3
63x3
73x1
Then some snatch deadlifts to work on breaking my bad habit of not keeping my chest up.

WOD
20 Thrusters 63#
20 SDHP
20 Burpees
Time: 4:42

I will ever so cautiously say that I think that I am getting better at this stuff. I got through 15 of the thrusters and then racked it to take a breath. I wanted to rack it at 10, but didn't so I am going to consider that mental progress. The SDHP were easy and this was were I was able to pull ahead of my sister.

Then I hit the burpees...Kyle demonstrated my exact signature burpee as a what not to do example, so I know he was calling me out on my form, even though he didn't use my name. I tried ever so compliantly to follow the directions of my coach and actually jump down instead of stepping/flopping down. But regardless of how my burpees looked, my quads were burning. At this point, I knew that Anna would beat me. There was no chance I could get through the burpees fast enough.

1 comment: