Sunday, December 20, 2009

Paleo Chicken Cacciatore

I have way too much shopping to finish, so I skipped open gym. Right. :)

I did pull out a bar and plates from the garage and practiced my OHS a bit, just a little bit.
OHS
15x5
30x5
45x3
55x3
65x3
70x2

Tonight was family dinner, and I was the chef of the night, so everyone had a mostly paleo dinner (I do eat green beans now and then.) It is the perfect dish-easy, fairly quick, enjoyed by kids and adults, and it works as left-overs too.

Chicken Cacciatore
Chicken thighs
zucchini, sliced
yellow squash, sliced
green beans
mushrooms, sliced
olives
capers
diced tomatoes
red wine
garlic (a lot)
oregano (a lot)
thyme (a lot)
s & p

Brown the thighs, then add everything else! Either bake covered in the oven (350) or covered on the stove-top. If you are paleo, you don't really need too much of a sauce, so uncover the pot towards the end to boil down some of the liquid. It should take about 30 minutes or so to cook.

Oven Roasted Butternut Squash
I do not enjoy cutting up butternut squash, so I love the bags of diced squash from Trader Joe's and Costco!
Toss a bag of diced squash with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, roast in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. At this point, add minced garlic and toss gently. Continue cooking until the squash is tender, about 15 more minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment