Monday, December 14, 2009

Squat Clean PR

Skills
Squat Clean
work for new 1RM: made it to 113#, failed on the 123#

WOD
Tabata Couplet
Clean and Jerk 83#
Ball Slams 25#
Score-3/8
(if I don't count the 1st round when I had 93# on and really couldn't get it up)

I finished this one feeling like it was much, much harder for me than it should have been. I did PR on the clean by 10# and I did move from using the 16# ball to the 25#.

I have no idea what was wrong, but I do seem to reach a mental block with the clean way too easily. So I not only have to work on the DL, the OHS, my double-unders, a pull-up, remember how to do something as simple as jerk instead of press (don't worry, Sam, even though it was probably hard to tell, I did hear you!), and a gazillion other things, I also have to get mentally tougher. So many things to do! It is a wonder I have time for anything else!


**Edit: and this was what my dad had to say about it when I was talking to him about the lift:
I told him I just couldn't get the 123.
Dad: No, that's not true. You could have done it. It is all mental. It's all in your mind when you increase a lift like that about 8%. You should have tried 118 first.
Me: Yeah, I should have. I made the choice to jump up, and I just couldn't get the 123 I wanted.
Dad: No, you could have. You just didn't think you could. But you could have done it.

Argghhh, he's right again!

1 comment:

  1. I used to have mental limitations on a lot of my lifts and visualization helped me a lot. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete