Monday, December 28, 2009

Year-end Goal #1: Deadlift PR

Skill
Deadlift 10x2
Since I had a year-end DL goal, I took this time to try for a new PR. I tried to be way more sensible about the weight progression and the number of lifts before my PR attempts.
135x2
185x2
235x2
265x2
285x1
295x1 PR by 22 pounds!

And at that point I was done, really done. My goal was 300 by the end of the year, but that was a pretty big jump. Vero still holds the #2 spot on her own. I am ecstatic with this PR, and I just wanted to go and sit in the corner after I got it, but I still had the wod...

WOD
AMRAP in 12 minutes
5 power cleans 73#
10 jump squats
200 m. run

Me-4 rounds + cleans and squats
Me-struggled to do every single round
Me-wanted to stop after round 1, but was told to keep going unless I was in pain
Me-kept trying to convince Sam that every ounce of strength had been zapped with the DL
Me-glad I finished

No comments:

Post a Comment