Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Year-end Goal #2: 83# OHS

Skill
I was one of those gym divas once again and didn't do what everyone else was doing, even though I am so very, very disappointed to miss those half moons and dead hang pull ups. :)
OHS
33x10
43x5
53x5
63x3
73x1
78x1
83x1 (PR! met the goal)
88 fail

I can't even begin to describe to you how much easier the OHS is these days. A couple of months ago I was struggling with the junior bar. You should understand that this means struggling. All the coaches gave me great advice and helped me slowly work past what very quickly had become a major frustration. You may have noticed that I can get stressed out, and this lift was stressing me out! I still have a long way to go, but the whole lift feels so much smoother these days.

WOD
3 rounds, 5 minute intervals
21 box jumps 16"
400 m. run
12 push presses 73#

This was my first time to complete an interval workout like this with the Rx'd run. I didn't have much rest in each round, but I was able to squeak through each round without going over the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment