Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Rest Day with some Reflection

Since today is a rest day, I decided to make myself write down some more reflective thoughts. Quite recently I realized that I am now 53 pounds lighter than my heaviest self. On the weeks when it seems like I am making no progress, I try to remind myself of how far I have made it and work hard to keep from dwelling on how far I have to go.

I have plenty of things to be excited about so far in my journey of going from fat to fit:
  • I have lost 50 pounds and any way you look at it, that is a big chunk of flesh
  • I have not only lost weight, but I am totally confident that I have made great gains in my strength and over-all fitness
  • I can tell that even my fingers are skinnier
  • I can deadlift 273#. That means that at least one lift is more than my BW. :)
  • I feel healthy, haven't been sick in months, and I really like to get out and move
  • I have remained gluten-free for just over a year now
  • I have finished 2 5k races and 1 10k and on each race I improved my time
  • I have just about nothing to wear. I am decidedly at the point where just about everything doesn't just look baggy, it looks horribly wrong to wear something with that much hanging fabric.
  • I have the support of amazing family and friends who help me stay paleo, encourage me to keep up with classes, push me to work harder and lift heavier, and are genuinely excited for me
  • I am honored to be part of what has inspired several friends to make improvements in their own health

No comments:

Post a Comment