Tuesday, December 22, 2009

True Love in 7 Days!?!

Skill
Snatch grip deadlift 3x3 63#
Snatch high pull 5x1 53#
Snatch balance 5x1 15# and then 33#

I didn't fall over once on the snatch balance. I didn't even lose my balance, but at that weight it sure isn't anything to write home about.

WOD
12-9-6-3
OH Squat 53#
Box Jumps 16"
Time-6:00

All 30 OHS done without any shoulder trouble! I think my ability to jump from 33# in a WOD to 53# and to suffer none of that nagging scapula pain must have something to do with this recent inspiration.
You must read the link, but here is one key excerpt-
A couple of things that the overhead squat does for you:
1) makes you hecka strong
2) builds your confidence when doing a snatch
3) stabilizes the core
4) guarantees that you will find true love in the next seven days

I am rather unclear on what level of the OHS I have to reach before the clock starts ticking on #4, but I'll be sure to let you know if my life changes in the next seven days...

No comments:

Post a Comment