Monday, December 21, 2009

Rx'd WOD

Skill
Rack Jerk 7x1
33, 53, 73, 93, 113, 123-fail

Then 400m run x 3, rest between
2:20, 2:22, 2:23

Ashamedly, I responded to the announcement of this part of the class with a full-on, horrible, whiny pout. It was nasty.

It is good to have this done, of course. In my mind, I had figured that I was so slow that my 400 must be at least 4 min. When you think that way, then you figure that Helen, during which you will run much slower after doing 21 KB swings, will probably take at least 30 minutes and that is just off-putting.

WOD
5 rounds
5 DL 183#
10 push ups
Time: 3:25
as Rx'd, baby.

I was working that DL bounce for all it was worth, knowing that the last rounds of push ups would be awful. They were ugly. And now my back is sore, but I did it.

1 comment:

  1. The key to working the bounce on deadlift reps is to pull the chest up hard and fast. While keeping the back straight and active, of course. Let's work on it next time.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete