Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another Rest Day

Today I got a little bit of my make-ahead cooking done. Lots of sausage for the freezer!

Chicken Sage Apple Sausages
1 lb. ground chicken (breasts or thighs) or ground turkey

1 small granny smith apple, peeled and shredded
1-2 Tb chopped, fresh sage


1/4 tsp allspice
1 egg

Salt and pepper, to taste

Mix all ingredients together, form into patties, cook through in lightly oiled saute pan.

Note: A butcher at a quality market will be able to grind your choice of poultry (Deluxe, Shopper's Corner, Whole Foods...) Be sure to squeeze a good amount of liquid from the shredded apples before mixing.







Diet

Breakfast: 4 bl. protein, 4 bl. fat, 0 bl. carb

Lunch: 4 bl. protein, 4 bl. fat, 1 bl. carbs

Dinner: 6 bl. protein, 6 bl fat, 4 bl. carbs

(I am still trying to decide if I'll eat a couple more blocks of carbs tonight.)











2 comments:

  1. Hey now, lets not go overboard with this low carb thing. Especially these first few weeks, consistency is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had that nagging thought. I just didn't realize that I hadn't eaten many until I wrote this. I did eat two more blocks of carbs. :) Thanks, coach!

    ReplyDelete