Friday, November 13, 2009

The Pain is Good, Right?!?

One of the grand benefits to living on the second floor is the constant reminder the stairs provide of all these fabulous squats I have been doing...

CrossFit
Skill
Overhead Squat 1-1-1-1-1
Worked up to 53# and I am pretty sure that with a bit more time I would have been able to go up a bit more. Since I revealed my overhead weakness yesterday, you can understand that I am happy with a PR of 20# on the OH.

WOD
AMRAP in 20 minutes
3 HSPU (scaled, of course)
5 Pull ups (scaled...)
7 Ball Slams 16#
Rounds: 16

Diet
Breakfast: 4 bl. protein, 2 bl. fat, 0 bl. carbs
Lunch: 4 bl. protein, 6 bl. fat, 2 bl. carbs
Post WOD Dinner: 4 bl. protein, 4 bl. fat, 3 bl. carbs

After a week and a half of the paleo-zone at half carbs, it is clear that I needed to take the time to tighten my diet up again and face the facts. After time, I let my blocks become way to fluid and taking the last 10 days to weigh and measure everything has been very helpful. Confession time: I was eating too many nuts, and not enough vegetables. When you have to count out 3 almonds for every fat block and 3 cups of broccoli for every carb block, this becomes crystal clear. One of my weekend projects is to gather some veggie ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment