Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yeah for a Journal

CrossFit
Skills
Deadlift 5rm 203#
I should have been able to go higher than this, but ...I dislike DL 5RM. I'll have to work on that...
WOD
21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Kettlebell Swings 35 #
Box Jumps (This was my scaling since I can't do double-unders.)
Push Ups
Time: 12:32

Tough workout? Yep, just like every single WOD I ever do. Keeping a journal is so vital to reasonably evaluating my performance. Without anything to look back on, this just seems like another hard WOD, one I struggled to finish, and one that I felt too slow on all the way through.
But looking back in my journal, I found that 3 weeks ago I had a very similar WOD:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3
Kettlebell Swings 12kg (26 #)
Box Jumps
7-6-5-4-3-2-1
Pike Push Ups
Time: 12:17

So even though I felt like I was crawling through tonight's WOD, I feel pretty great about my work tonight with heavier weight, more push-ups and a very close time.

Diet
Breakfast: 4 bl protein, 4 bl. fat, 1 bl. carbs
Lunch: 5 bl. protein, 4-5 bl. fat, 2 bl. carbs
Post WOD Dinner: 5 bl. protein, 5 bl. fat, 4 bl. carbs

1 comment:

  1. You ready to get your olifting on this weekend?????

    ReplyDelete