Wednesday, November 4, 2009

November: The New Beginning

When I started CrossFit in May, everything was new, hard, and painful. Every single class was very hard, I struggled to get through, I felt dead as I left, and I hurt for a couple of days after. Two to three classes per week was my absolute max. I also jumped onto the paleo diet plan right away. I don't think I could have pushed myself much harder than I was there at the beginning. Believe me, I was shot!

Almost 5 months later I have made significant, measurable, wonderful progress! There is no doubt about this fact. What has hit me like a ton of bricks in the last few weeks is that things are plateauing. I have to add work-outs and plan to push myself. The next few weeks will be full of tweaking, changing, and adding. I'm on day 2 of this ramp-up and I hurt. :)

Tuesday, November 3, 2009
No skill work

WOD:
5 rounds
1. 400 m run
2. complete the following 2 times:
3 deadlifts at 75% max (193#)
6 pull ups (jumping for me)
9 push ups
12 box jumps

Kyle put a 30 minute time limit on this one...I made it almost to the end of round 4. I still had by set of box jumps to do when the time ran out.

This was horrible, no doubt about it. It seemed to go on forever, and the hardest part was probably making myself stay at least at a jog instead of a walk. It was just about a battle for every step once I got to round 2, and I briefly lost the battle in an effort to bring my breathing under control. Then coming in and trying to deadlift when you are struggling to breath is super fun.

As horrible as it was, I can look back now and appreciate that I pushed myself hard for a long time. I now know that I can in fact complete the 3 rounds of running in Helen without giving up. I am almost ready to try Helen again...

Diet:
Made the decision to keep my protein and fats at 14 blocks and cut the carbs to 7 blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment