Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Still don't love Helen

CrossFit
Skill-Overhead Squat
33x3
43x3
53x3
53x3
63x2 (fail on the third)

WOD
Interval Helen
5 rounds of 5 minutes each (any unused time each round is rest)
200 m run
21 KBS 35#
12 Pull ups, jumping

The run was scaled down from 400m since I figured that if I had to run all 400 m 5 times I would just spend all the time running (or jogging really) and never get to the rest of each round. The last time I did Helen, I have written down that I used a 20# kb. Is that right? Do we have 20's or would it have been 25? Regardless, I went up to the 35 tonight and it was plenty hard. I was able to get through the 21 unbroken on 3 of the rounds, but I evidently lack some mental fortitude since I broke them on rounds 3 and 4, but I was able to pull it together for 5.

Diet
Breakfast: 4 bl. protein, 4 bl. fat, 1 bl. carbs
Lunch: 4 bl. protein, 4 bl. fat, 1.5 bl carbs
Snack: 3 bl. fat
Post WOD dinner: 5 bl. protein, 2 bl fat, 2.5 bl carbs

Dinner was pork shoulder slow-cooked with chicken broth and green enchilada sauce. It was probably the best hunk of pork I have had in a very long time. I ate with the fam tonight, so this was from their 4-H pig. Way to go 4-H kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment